Lovely Readers

Apr 19, 2011

A Surprise Bridal Shower!


I’ve been so excited for this! I have the special privilege of being in my Best Friend’s Wedding this July. I am so excited!!! Gabby is such a beautiful person and so much fun to be around. She was there for me when I married my husband two years ago in Mexico, and it is so special to be there for her special day as well. Our friendship goes back over 15 years..I am a lucky girl. I held this surprise shower for her in hopes that I could give her something she could really enjoy with all her favorite ladies, and look back to long after she says her "I DO".
*Friends Forever*

I hosted this bridal shower with the help of my sisters. The setting was a pretty hall in Ridgewood NJ, which I had catered. We indulged in yummy food and sipped on Mimosas and Sangria. I tried to capture the day in pictures as much as I could. But half the time I was really caught up..so I'm hoping I could retrieve some pics from guests who attended. Here's just one of the many beautiful gifts the guest of honor received.

From the moment my friend wore her engagement ring proudly, I knew I was on board for a joyful planning phase. I took into account all the things she loves, and with it I tried to incorporate feminine details like cameos, lockets, lace, and feathers. Blush pink & vintage blue color tones were used throughout the decor. The inspiration for my ideas first came from my friends beautiful outdoor garden wedding venue:CrossedKeysInn. I thought a shabby-chic themed shower would be ideal.


We had her silhouette genius crafted by the very talented Mekala Tinnin from tiethatbindsweddings. I totally recommend her to all my readers on here. She is so professional and her work is truly amazing.
This silhouette was incorporated in the cake and table signs. All decorations were handmade, including the centerpieces. I decided on a Brunch Menu with some lunch choices as well. I added a Sweets Table and a Welcome Table as well. Everything came together pretty nicely. Typically a "Feathering The Nest Theme" is commonly used for Baby Shower's if I'm not mistaken, but I thought it would be beautiful if used for a Bridal Shower. What do you guys think?!

When guests arrived, I had them write special notes for the bride-2-b to place into a small wishing well bowl. I also put out games and a questionnaire for guests to answer. It really helped to keep guests entertained.

Here's just some pics of the food we celebrated with. I still wish I had more pics of all the yummy food that was served. I did a brunch with everything from quiches and deviled eggs to Penn in vodka sauce and chicken Marsala. The food was def. worth it. My amazing mother-in-law made Ziti & Spanish Rice, and my beautiful aunt made 2 delicious salads. So a Huge..HUGE..Thank You to both of them for their help! I really wish they could've joined us.
The beautiful cake was created by the amazing Mazurs Bakery in Lyndhurst. I think their creation of my ideas were so well put together. Isn't it cute! =)

"The Sweets Table" was my own little experiment, I always wanted to test my skills at this..lol. I'm so glad my sister and I took the time to put it together as it was quite the highlight of the party ;)

All the pretty ladies enjoying themselves at their tables.

FAVORS - Homemade -(Peppermint & Rosemary Rejuvenating Foot Scrubs) I made these with my sister. I'll post the recipe for it in my next post. =)
please excuse the fuzzy pics :(..i was trying to do 1,000 things at once.
The Bride-2-B..in her moment of Surprise :)

Prior to the Shower I recorded the groom-2-b at my house. I had him question and answer some questions about their relationship; and then had her guess the answers to them at the shower. Here she is watching the video and writing her answers on her white-board..so funny! Plus we even had her daughter on the video too as a "bonus feature"..haha, so cute!!

Gabzilla loving her cake and posing with her "Bow-Hat"

And finally here's all the ladies who helped to make this day so special. We toasted to years of happiness for the two love birds.

96 more days!!!!!




**************** Vendors and Resources:
.Invites & Stationary - tiethatbindsweddings
.Cake - Mazurs Bakery
.Food - Wilkes Catering (201) 652-0209
.Venue - The Ridgewood Knights
.Photos and Decorations - by myself and my sis-assistant =)
.Engravable Recipe Gift Box - ETSY

No comments:

Post a Comment

As Always Thanks For Your Comments..