Lovely Readers

Sep 29, 2010

My Burlesque Experience


I'v always LOVED the ART of Burlesque. But I never thought I would actually attend a live show. For my birthday, Hubby surprised me with tickets to the Teaser Party at Brooklyn Bowl this past wknd. I enjoyed all forms of old-school art. The show and audience had an oldschool Vintage Cabaret feel.



The 8th Annual New York Burlesque Festival includes dancers, circus performers, international DJs, and Rock bands—from across the country. The New York Burlesque Festival is the largest in the world with over 120 acts, a burlesque boutique to score some vintage stuff, and a Tease Station to get your very own pin-up makeover. Very Cool, but I was too shy for this, lol.
Afterwards Mr. DJ ?uestlove himself came through and spinned some of the best oldschool jams I've heard in a very long time. Plus hip-hop, house, and 90's! Hubby & I were jammin that night..it was so much fun. You can find him at my favorite new chill spot BROOKLYN BOWL every Thursday Night. So worth the trip if your ever in that area. He's so great.

I was actually so nervous to go to the show. I kind of misunderstood the whole Burlesque Thing. I use to think it was sleezy..but it actually isn't. Although Burlesque is sexual in nature, it's tastefully AMAZING....and if your looking for grimy strippers that will give you lap dances...burlesque is not for you. Burlesque is the ART of strip tease. The performers (female & male) wear amazing costumes, do creative skit like shows, and some take you back into a classier time, using old jazz songs and being very glamourous, going back to the pin-up style. They use feather fans, long gloves, back seemed stockings, pasties, glitter for there shows! I discovered Burlesque on my own awhile back and I loved the glamour of it all. Many of these performers are so talented, and are finally being reconized for it. Some I hear work with designers for fashion week & many are go getters using their burlesque fame to sell their hand made pasties, hair flowers, costumes, dress reproductions, and clothing. Burlesque is fun..and it really is more sexy then sexual. if you're looking for something different, you should def. go see a show sometime.
Just for fun..here's my favorite Pin-Up Diva, Ms. Dita Von Tesse.

Can you believe that this was her before her days of fame :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

As Always Thanks For Your Comments..